1 Matching Annotations
- Sep 2021
Webpacker used to configure Webpack indirectly, which lead to a complicated secondary configuration process. This was done in order to provide default configurations for the most popular frameworks, but ended up creating more complexity than it cured. So now Webpacker delegates all configuration directly to Webpack's default configuration setup.
more trouble than it's worth
- creating more complexity than it cured
- too hard/complicated/non-trivial
- doing more harm than good
- newer/better ways of doing things
- too complicated
- changed their mind/opinion
- removing feature that is more trouble than it's worth (not worth the effort to continue to maintain / fix bugs caused by keeping it)
- more trouble than it's worth
- Why can't this be easier/simpler? Why does it have to be so hard/complicated?