3 Matching Annotations
- Mar 2021
However, if all of these are hosted in the same repository, you lose a lot of those benefits.
- Oct 2020
- Sep 2020
The problem with working around the current limitations of Svelte style (:global, svelte:head, external styles or various wild card selectors) is that the API is uglier, bigger, harder to explain AND it loses one of the best features of Svelte IMO - contextual style encapsulation. I can understand that CSS classes are a bit uncontrollable, but this type of blocking will just push developers to work around it and create worse solutions.
- key point
- Svelte: how to affect child component styles
- missing out on the benefits of something
- Svelte: CSS encapsulation
- trying to prevent one bad thing leading to people doing/choosing an even worse option
- important point
- arbitrary limitations leading to less-than-ideal workarounds