3 Matching Annotations
- Sep 2022
the errors that you get from JSON schema can sometimes be very confusing. I wanted to be able to generate errors that could easily be understood to speed up debugging time.
- Sep 2020
DX: start sapper project; configure eslint; eslint say that svelt should be dep; update package.json; build fails with crypt error; try to figure what the hell; google it; come here (if you have luck); revert package.json; add ignore error to eslint; Maybe we should offer better solution for this.
When the message say function was called outside component initialization first will look at my code and last at my configuration.
- dev experience
- error messages: should reveal/point to why/how error was caused and how to fix/prevent it
- what a reasonable person would do
- web search for something brings me here
- reasonable expectation
- good point
- errors are helpful for development (better than silently failing)
- can we do even better?
- useless/unhelpful/generic error messages that don't reveal why/how error was caused