2 Matching Annotations
- Sep 2023
I think we need more societal engagement among scientists.
- for: scientist activism, idling resources - scientist activism, leverage point - scientist activism
- Both Johan and Kevin provide personal stories of how few scientists are out there doing societal engagement.
- Hence, this is truly a idling resource that needs a space that will attract them to engage in impactful ways.
- This is where citizens and communities can provide the support that scientists need to take on their societal responsibilities at this time
I think we need to do much more of that. I totally agree with you. I actually think that we – and that's self-critical to me as well – I think we need to be more brave also going public with that engagement.
- for: climate science - citizen engagement, johan rockstrom - advocacy for citizen engagement, scientist - activism
- supporting the previous comment, Johan Rockstrom see's scientists having a much more active role engaging with the public.