- Aug 2022
Keo Foam chống cháy hay còn gọi là keo bọt nở chống cháy Selfoam B1 được làm từ các vật liệu không cháy, chúng có khả năng chống cháy và không bắt lửa
- Jul 2022
- Jan 2022
Concept: Pity on those who do not understand (page14) - Finally saying his theory?
- the motivation is to get the true meaning of the bible (page19)
- don't turn away ideas but inspect them and use the bible to investigate them
"no proposition can be contrary to the faith unless it has first been proven to be false" (19)
- page 20
- best of the sciences( page12)
"supernatural things are a matter of faith"(12)
- best of the sciences( page12)
The Bible as truth
- European belief must conform to Christian belief and has to "ask for permission" and never disrespect the Church
- galileo says "The bible cannot err", "the holy Bible can never speak untruth", but "anyone can take an erroneous position"
- temerity : excessive confidence or boldness; audacity.
- contumatious: stubbornly or willfully disobedient to authority.
- page 9: 1st column, man's reason is flawed or his interpretation of the Bible is wrong; human's inability to comprehend; "two truths cannot contradict one another"
page 11: says a lot about people who do now know the true meaning of the bible,
"not having penetrated the true sense of Scripture"
page 11: lazy people don't understand
"distorting passages and twisting the Bible to their individual and contradictory whims"
(page 12 B1) new discoveries does not contradict the bible
- old testatment: The first five books – Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, book of Numbers and Deuteronomy
- The New Testament focuses more on the life and teachings of Jesus and the Christian church.
- The Old Testament explains the history of the creation of the World, the exodus of Israelites, and the Ten Commandments given to Moses by God
(page 12 B1) - in order to establish a belief there has to be previous knowledgeHe's not alone, others have drawn the same conclusions and/ or agree**
- Nicholas Copernicus was the first to say said theory
- devoted Catholic man
- the church has a history of studying the the sky and seeking more information
- Copernicus' discovery was accepted but now it is rejected
- zeal: great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective.
(page 7,8) - Christianity and Nature
- "God is known first through Nature, and then again by his doctrine; by Nature in his works and by doctrin in his revealed word"
- "Nature is inexorable and immutable"
- god would not be able to give us science or nature without having to understand it"
- I guess this also contradicts the history of how the bibile has been used by humans to exploit the land and resources in the name of god , "divine right" used for conquest', "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.’
(page 9) Science for the purpose of highest goal (salvation)
- trying to justify his discovery in the eyes of the church
- in the name of salvation
- clergy says"
"the intention of the Holy Ghost is to teach us how one goes to heaven, not how heaven goes"
- this is very different from Maya:
- Question what is the purpose of life for the Maya? *the same? because you live a life to be with the gods or please the gods
B1. Big Picture: The "Letter to The Grand Duchess Christina" is
- essay written in 1615 by Galileo Galilei.
- purpose: to accommodate Copernicanism with the doctrines of the Catholic Church.
- argued that the Copernican theory was physical reality. * Dominican friar Niccolò Lorini, to complain to the Inquisition, which tried and eventually condemned Galileo of suspicion of heresy.
- Def: Copernican heliocentrism is the name given to the astronomical model developed by Nicolaus Copernicus and published in 1543. This model positioned the Sun at the center of the Universe, motionless, with Earth and the other planets orbiting around it in circular paths, modified by epicycles, and at uniform speeds
- Galileo against Ptolemy
(page 12 B1) - Writing to Grand Dutchess mother about his injustice
abhorrent: disgust, loathe, repugnant
calumnies: the making of false and defamatory statements about someone in order to damage their reputation; slander.
(page 12 B1):
- those that know their science were the ones to accept the truth
- others in plain disbelief were hard to convince
- others have bruised egos and cannot deny their theories
- others are silent
- others clearly contradict Galileo
(page 11, B1)
- intro blaming other scientists and scholars for not accepting or inquiring about Galileo's new ideas
- people not listening to reason