3 Matching Annotations
- Mar 2023
- Title: Consumption Corridors: Living a Good Life within Sustainable Limits
- This book explores how to enhance peoples’ chances to live a good life in a world of ecological and social limits.
Can you imagine a world without limits? Having to navigate a citywithout any limits on how people drive, for example? Or no limits onwhat harm we may do to others? Societies need limits to allow thecommon pursuit of individual and societal wellbeing.
- related to the previous comment on limits
Theconcept of consumption corridors combines notions of human needs,individual preferences, and freedom as the basis for a good life for all.
- human needs
- individual preferences
- individual freedom
- are combined, it provides the individual with agency, creativity and freedom to choose a lifetsyle within ecological limits
- Especially when we are collectively in overshoot, we must adhere to such limits
- Limits always exist within any society. There is no such thing as absolute freedom
- However, we have been abusing our ecological freedom and have thereby threatened our own existence by doing so
- planetary boundaries
- doughnut economics
- abuse of ecological freedom
- preventing overshoot
- ecological limits
- limits of individual freedom
- living within ecological limits
- abusing our ecological freedom
- consumption corridor
- social limits