2 Matching Annotations
- Sep 2023
- for: bio-buddhism, buddhism - AI, care as the driver of intelligence, Michael Levin, Thomas Doctor, Olaf Witkowski, Elizaveta Solomonova, Bill Duane, care drive, care light cone, multiscale competency architecture of life, nonduality, no-self, self - illusion, self - constructed, self - deconstruction, Bodhisattva vow
- title: Biology, Buddhism, and AI: Care as the Driver of Intelligence
- author: Michael Levin, Thomas Doctor, Olaf Witkowski, Elizaveta Solomonova, Bill Duane, AI - ethics
- date: May 16, 2022
- a trans-disciplinary attempt to develop a framework to deal with a diversity of emerging non-traditional intelligence from new bio-engineered species to AI based on the Buddhist conception of care and compassion for the other.
- very thought-provoking and some of the explanations and comparisons to evolution actually help to cast a new light on old Buddhist ideas.
- this is a trans-disciplinary paper synthesizing Buddhist concepts with evolutionary biology
According to the Bodhisattva model of intelligence, such deconstruction of the apparent foundations of cognition elicits a transformation of both the scope and acuity of the cognitive system that performs it.
- for: deconstructing self, self - deconstruction, object agent action triplet, deconstructing cognition
- this is a necessary outcome of the self-reflective nature of human cognition.
- English, and many other languages bake the (object, agent, action) triplet into its very structure, making it problematic to use language in the same way after the foundations of cognition have been so deconstructed.
- Even though strictly speaking the self can be better interpreted as a psycho-social construct and an epiphenomena, it is still very compelling and practical in day-to-day living, including the use of languages which structurally embed the (object, agent, action) triplet.
- self - deconstruction
- self- illusion
- deconstructing self
- Buddhism - AI
- care drive
- Thomas Doctor
- Elizaveta Solomonova
- object agent action triplet
- Care as the Driver of Intelligence
- multiscale competency architecture of life
- Olaf Witkowski
- deconstructing cognition
- Michael Levin
- AI - ethics
- self - constructed
- Bill Duane
- bodhisattva vow
- care light cone
- cognitive light cone