3 Matching Annotations
- Jul 2021
Romero, P., Mikiya, Y., Nakatsuma, T., Fitz, S., & Koch, T. (2021). Modelling Personality Change During Extreme Exogenous Conditions. PsyArXiv. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/rtmjw
- Feb 2021
Conversation around Adam Grant's Think Again.
- Task Conflict vs Relationship Conflict
- The absence of conflict is not harmony; it is apathy
- Beliefs vs Values; what you think is true vs what you think is important. Be open around beliefs; be committed to values.
- Preachers, Prosecutors, Politicians... and Scientists: defend or beliefs, prove the others wrong, seek approval and be liked... hypothesize and experiment.
- Support Network... and a Challenge Network. (Can we force ourselves to have a Challenge Network by using the Six Thinking Hats?)
- Awaken curiosity (your own, and other's to help them change their mind)
- Successful negotiators spend more time looking for common ground and asking questions to understand
- Solution Aversion: someone rejecting a proposed solution may end up rejecting the existence of the problem itself (e.g. climate change)
- Apr 2020